MLS LASER THERAPY —
When a physical condition or injury affects mobility or quality of life, there is one goal: A rapid return to every-day activities.
MLS Laser Therapy is an advanced laser technology that works to eliminate pain and reduce inflammation in the body in a safe, painless, and non-invasive way. This therapy utilizes dual wavelengths of infrared light to penetrate deep into the tissue and stimulate regeneration at the cellular level.
There are no known side-effects! Laser therapy is cleared by the FDA and is safe and effective.
Benefits of MLS Laser Therapy:
- Rapidly reduces pain
- Strong anti-inflammatory
- Improves blood circulation
- Quick Recovery of:
- sprains & strains
- the structure and function of an injured region
- swollen areas and surface injuries, such as wounds and ulcers
We are proud to be on the medical technological forefront by offering MLS Laser Therapy. We have invested in the very best technology as a key component of our continuing quest to offer you the finest in health care.
Why choose MLS Laser Therapy?
MLS Laser Therapy does not require the use of drugs or surgery, there are no known side effects, and it is quick and convenient. According to studies performed by top academic institutions, such as Harvard University, laser therapy is equal to or more effective than other forms of therapy.
Will the treatment hurt?
No, laser therapy does not hurt. There is little or no sensation during treatment.
How long does a typical treatment session take?
The length of a typical treatment session is 10 to 15 minutes. However, it depends on the size of the area being treated. Treatments are usually received 2-3 times a week. Treatment plans are determined on an individual basis.
How many treatments does it take?
The number of treatments depends on the nature of the condition being treated. The typical course of treatment takes between 6 to 12 visits.
How long before results are felt?
You may feel improvement to your condition after 1 to 3 treatments. For some more chronic conditions, it may take up to 6 visits to feel the benefits of laser therapy. Not everyone responds to laser therapy in the same way.
Are the results long lasting?
MLS Laser Therapy is about healing. With MLS Laser Therapy, we are not masking or covering up a condition, but rather, treating the root of your pain and inflammation. Because of this, many patients have seen long-term results.
Can it be used in conjunction with other forms of treatment?
Yes, MLS Laser Therapy is sometimes more effective when combined with other forms of therapy, including physical therapy, chiropractic, massage, soft tissue mobilization, electrotherapy, and following surgery.
1. Anti-Inflammatory: MLS® Laser Therapy has an anti-edema effect as it causes vasodilation, but also because it activates the lymphatic drainage system which drains swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
2. Analgesic: MLS® Laser Therapy has a beneficial effect on nerve cells. It blocks pain transmitted by these cells to the brain which decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to the decreased inflammation, there is less edema and less pain. Another pain blocking mechanism involves the production of high levels of pain killing chemicals such as endorphins and enkephalin from the brain and adrenal gland.
3. Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth: Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients fasterand get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, damaged cells are repaired faster.
4. Improved Vascular Activity: Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue which speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of angiogenesis, which causes temporary vasodilation and increase in the diameter of blood vessels.
5. Increases Metabolic Activity: MLS® Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
6. Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points: MLS® Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a noninvasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
7. Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation: MLS® Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns or surgery.
8. Improved Nerve Function: Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds the process of nerve cell reconnection and increase the amplitude of action potentials to optimize muscle healing.
9. Immunoregulation: Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulating immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser emissions are absorbed by chromophores (molecule enzymes) that react to laser light. Upon exposure to the laser, the enzyme flavomononucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosinetriphosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
10. Faster Wound Healing: Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, MLS® Laser Therapy is effective post surgically and in the treatment of open wounds and burns.
Bondurant, IA 50035
Tel: (515) 967-6500